Test drive a new BMW X model before the 31 December 2018 to experience a car that doesn’t just go wherever you go, it comes with you. Giving you the confidence to stray from the beaten track, on to paths less trodden.
When you book and complete your test drive in a new BMW X model, you now have an opportunity to win that car for a year. So not only will you experience the extraordinary. You could live with it.
Terms and conditions.
The Promoter is: BMW (UK) Ltd. Registered Office: Summit ONE, Summit Avenue, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0FB.
How to enter this free prize draw:
- All entrants to the prize draw must be aged 21 years or over. Resident of the UK.
- Entries are automatically made by booking a BMW X model test drive online at BMW.co.uk and BMW Centre websites and completing a BMW X model test drive at a local BMW Centre of choice between Friday 20 July and Monday 31 December 2018. The test drive needs to be completed in a BMW X1, BMW X2, BMW X3, BMW X4, current generation BMW X5 (F15), next generation BMW X5 (G05) from Saturday 24 November 2018 and BMW X6. Test Drives can be booked through bmw.co.uk and Retailer BMW websites. Due to availability BMW X PHEV models are excluded from this competition.
- The Closing Date for the competition is 3pm on Sunday 31 December 2018.
- All entries received after this time on the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
- Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. No responsibility can be accepted for entries incomplete, delayed, damaged, wrongly delivered or not received for whatever reason.
- There will be one winner selected at random by the Promoter from all test drives booked and completed in one of the models listed above.
- By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Employees and agents of BMW Group and its associated companies, their immediate families or anyone professionally connected with this prize draw are excluded from entry. Only one entry per person, per household.
- In entering this prize draw, you confirm you are eligible to do so. The Promoter may require you to provide evidence of your eligibility.
- The Promoter will not accept entries that are completed by third parties, are in bulk, illegible, have been reconstructed, forged or are incomplete.
- The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit of intention of the prize draw.
- Entries cannot be returned.
- The winner will receive the following prize:
A BMW X model they completed the test drive in for one calendar year (12 months) from date of delivery (loan period).
Entrants must have a valid UK driving licence with a maximum of three points and must not have been convicted within the last five years of any driving offence involving drink or drugs, or that resulted in a driving disqualification and no more than 3 points and must provide the driving license upon request, in advance of the vehicle loan.
The BMW X model engine and trim level may vary from the model the test drive was completed in.
Customer who completes a test drive in a BMW X5 previous or current generation will win a new BMW X5 (G05) model.
The BMW vehicle will be provided on a loan basis. The loan of the BMW vehicle is subject to a separate loan agreement and the BMW Loan Car Terms. The winner must agree to these terms before taking possession of the vehicle. Key Loan Car Terms excerpt: the car may only be driven by the winner, only for private use excluding commuting and travelling sales and not for any form of racing.
Terms and conditions of the loan agreement for the vehicle will be made available at the point the customer is informed they have won the completion. The main conditions include but are not limited to the below:
- Due to de-fleet dates the vehicle the customer wins will need to be switched at nine months and replaced with a new BMW X model. The vehicle will be the same engine size and trim level but some specification and options may change.
- The vehicle must not exceed 8000 miles. It will be the customer responsibility to inform BMW Group Experience if they are approaching mileage limit.
- The vehicle swap will be completed by the BMW Customer Experience team and they will contact the customer directly to arrange a key for key with the customer and to swap them into a new vehicle.
- The swap of the vehicles will need to be booked 4 weeks in advance and the BWM Customer Experience team will be in contact to arrange the handover.
- BMW Group Experience will cover the cost for Replacement Tyres and Windscreens.
- The vehicle will be covered by BMW Assist, Contact number - 0800777111
- The vehicle will be insured by the promoter.
- the Customer shall inform the promoter immediately by calling 0844 322 1553 between 8am and 5.15pm Monday to Friday, in the event that the Vehicle sustains damage or requires repair or maintenance during the Loan Period. The vehicle shall not be repaired without the promoter's prior consent irrespective of whether the promoter or the Customer insured the Vehicle.
- The Vehicle will be provided by the promoter in a clean condition with a quarter tank of fuel and must be returned to the promoter by the Customer in the same condition. Any costs incurred to clean and/or fuel the Vehicle after the return of the Vehicle will be charged to and are payable by the Customer.
- The Vehicle must be returned free from any damage to the designated representative of the promoter at the end of the Loan Period or on demand by the promoter.
- The Vehicle must not be taken out of the United Kingdom without the prior written consent of the promoter.
- Any motoring or traffic offences, congestion charges, other toll charges and resultant penalties and/or fines (together referred to as "Charges") arising in relation to the Vehicle from the date that the Vehicle is provided to the Customer until such time as the Vehicle is returned to the promoter are the sole responsibility of the Customer. The Customer will indemnify the promoter and reimburse the promoter forthwith upon demand for any Charges paid by the promoter. The relevant parties (Police/Clerk to the Justices) will be informed by the promoter as required.
- Smoking is not allowed in the Vehicle.
- The Customer shall not at any time disengage any active safety features of the Vehicle including but not limited to DSC (Dynamic Stability Control).
- It is the winner’s responsibility to fuel the vehicle, this is not included within this promotion.
- No cash alternative to the prize will be offered and the prize is not transferable.
- The winner will be the first entry drawn by the Promoter at random from all the entries on or around Monday 7 January 2019.
- The winner will be notified by Monday 7 January and will be contacted by the BMW Customer Experience team to inform them of details of the prize.
- The prize may be withdrawn from the winner outlined above and a new winner drawn if the prize is not accepted within 7 days of notification.
- No purchase necessary.
- The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the prize draw will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one equal or greater value should circumstances make this necessary.
- The winner's names and county will be available 28 days after Monday 7 January 2019 by sending a stamped addressed envelope to BMW X Event, BMW Retailer Marketing Team – BMW (UK) Ltd. Summit ONE, Summit Avenue, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0FB.
Limitation of Liability:
- The Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Entrant's statutory rights are not affected.
Data Protection and publicity:
- If you are the winner of this prize drawn you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter without any financial reward.
By entering this prize draw, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your prize draw entry may be held and used only by the Promoter or its agents and suppliers to administer this prize draw.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in this prize draw.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend this prize draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.